Solution Manual For Essentials of Genetics, 10th Edition By S. Klug
Solution Manual For Essentials of Genetics, 10th Edition By William S. Klug,Michael R. Cummings,Charlotte A. Spencer, Michael A. Palladino, Darrell Killian,ISBN-13:9780135272817
For all introductory genetics courses.
This package includes Mastering Genetics.
Focus on essential genetic topics and explore the latest breakthroughs
Known for its focus on conceptual understanding, problem solving, and practical applications, the bestselling Essentials of Genetics strengthens problem-solving skills and explores the essential genetics topics that today’s students need to understand. The 10th Edition has been extensively updated to provide comprehensive coverage of important, emerging topics such as CRISPR-Cas, epigenetics, and genetic testing. Additionally, a new Special Topics chapter covers Advances in Neurogenetics with a focus on Huntington Disease, and new essays on Genetics, Ethics, and Society emphasize ethical considerations that genetics is bringing into everyday life. The accompanying Mastering Genetics online platform includes new tutorials on topics such as CRISPR-Cas and epigenetics, and new Dynamic Study Modules, which support student learning of key concepts and prepare them for class.
Reach every student by pairing this text with Mastering Genetics
Mastering™ is the teaching and learning platform that empowers you to reach every student. By combining trusted author content with digital tools developed to engage students and emulate the office-hour experience, Mastering personalizes learning and improves results for each student. Mastering Genetics allows students to develop problem-solving skills, learn from tutorials on key genetics concepts, and gain a better understanding of emerging topics. Learn more about Mastering Genetics.
Plus, give students anytime, anywhere access with Pearson eText
Pearson eText is a simple-to-use, mobile-optimized, personalized reading experience available within Mastering Genetics. It lets students highlight, take notes, and review key vocabulary all in one place — even when offline. Seamlessly integrated videos and other rich media engage students and give them access to the help they need, when they need it. Educators can easily share their own notes with students so they see the connection between their eText and what they learn in class.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Genetics
2. Mitosis and Meiosis
3. Mendelian Genetics
4. Modification of Mendelian Ratios
5. Sex Determination and Sex Chromosomes
6. Chromosome Mutations: Variation in Number and Arrangement
7. Linkage and Chromosome Mapping in Eukaryotes
8. Genetic Analysis and Mapping in Bacteria and Bacteriophages
9. DNA Structure and Analysis
10. DNA Replication
11. Chromosome Structure and DNA Sequence Organization
12. The Genetic Code and Transcription
13. Translation and Proteins
14. Gene Mutation, DNA Repair, and Transposition
15. Regulation of Gene Expression in Bacteria
16. Regulation of Gene Expression in Eukaryotes
17. Recombinant DNA Technology
18. Genomics, Bioinformatics, and Proteomics
19. The Genetics of Cancer
20. Quantitative Genetics and Multifactorial Traits
21. Population and Evolutionary Genetics
Special Topics in Modern Genetics
2. Genetic Testing
3. Gene Therapy
4. Advances in Neurogenetics: The Study of Huntington Disease
5. DNA Forensics
6. Genetically Modified Foods
7. Genomics and Precision Medicine