Solution Manual For Health: The Basics, 13th Edition By J. Donatelle
Solution Manual For Health: The Basics, 13th Edition By Rebecca J. Donatelle,ISBN-13: 9780134843315
For courses in personal health.
This package includes Mastering Health.
A mindful approach to personal health
Health: The Basics aligns well-researched health information with current real-world topics that have the greatest impact on students’ lives to keep them hooked on learning and living well. The 13th Edition integrates mindfulness research, tools, and practices throughout, enabling students to incorporate mindfulness practices to help cut through the static of everyday life, to be more focused and present, and to improve academic performance.
Along with new content on sleep and health, as well as diversity and health equity, Health: The Basics builds on its strengths of using the most current, scientifically valid research, examining important issues and controversies about health today, and motivating students to become “actively engaged in health” at all levels. Students have access to videos, self-assessments, and online interactive activities and reading quizzes that address their diverse needs and learning styles while engaging them in the material.
Reach every student by pairing this text with Mastering Health
Mastering™ is the teaching and learning platform that empowers you to reach every student. By combining trusted author content with digital tools developed to engage students and emulate the office-hour experience, Mastering personalizes learning and often improves results for each student. With a variety of activities available, students can actively learn, understand, and retain even the most difficult personal health concepts. Learn more about Mastering Health.
Table of Contents
Part 1. Finding the Right Balance
1. Assessing Your Health
Focus On: Difference, Disparity, and Health: Achieving Health Equity
2. Promoting and Preserving Your Psychosocial Health
Focus On: Cultivating Your Spiritual Health
3. Managing Stress and Coping with Life’s Challenges
4. Improving Your Sleep
5. Preventing Violence and Injury
Part 2. Creating Healthy and Caring Relationships
6. Building Healthy Relationships
Focus On: Understanding Your Sexuality
7. Considering Your Reproductive Choices
Part 3. Avoiding Risks from Harmful Habits
8. Recognizing and Avoiding Addiction and Drug Abuse
9. Drinking Alcohol Responsibly and Ending Tobacco Use
Part 4. Building Healthy Lifestyles
10. Eating for a Healthier You
11. Reaching and Maintaining a Healthy Weight
Focus On: Enhancing Your Body Image
12. Improving Your Physical Fitness
Part 5. Preventing and Fighting Disease
13. Reducing Your Risk of Cardiovascular Disease and Cancer
Focus On: Minimizing Your Risk for Diabetes
14. Protecting Against Infectious Diseases and Sexually Transmitted Infections
Focus On: Reducing Risks and Coping with Chronic Diseases and Conditions
Part 6. Facing Life’s Challenges
15. Making Smart Health Care Choices
Focus On: Understanding Complementary and Integrative Health
Focus On: Aging, Death, and Dying
16. Promoting Environmental Health