Test Bank For Human Biology: Concepts and Current Issues, 8th Edition By D. Johnson
Test Bank For Human Biology: Concepts and Current Issues, 8th Edition By Michael D. Johnson, ISBN-13:9780134326665
For courses in human biology.
This package includes Mastering Biology.
Explore Human Biology in Relation to Current Issues, in the Text and Online
Through his teaching, his textbook, and his online blog, award-winning teacher Michael D. Johnson sparks interest in human biology by connecting basic biology to real-world issues that are relevant to students’ lives. Using a storytelling approach and extensive online support, Human Biology: Concepts and Current Issues, 8th Edition not only demystifies how the human body works but also drives students to become a better, more discerning consumer of health and science information. Each chapter opens with Johnson’s popular “Current Issues” essays, and within each chapter, “BlogInFocus” references direct readers to his frequently-updated blog for breaking human biology-related news.
Personalize learning with Mastering Biology
Mastering™ Biology is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment product proven to improve results by helping students quickly master concepts. Students benefit from opportunities to practice basic science literacy skills, using interactive resources that create engaging learning experiences. Effective activities in Mastering Biology help students further visualize and understand complex biological processes.
Human Biology: Concepts and Current Issues, 8th Edition is also available via Pearson eText, a simple-to-use, mobile, personalized reading experience that lets instructors connect with and motivate students – right in their eTextbook. Learn more.
Table of Contents
1. Human Biology, Science, and Society
2. The Chemistry of Living Things
3. Structure and Function of Cells
4. From Cells to Organ Systems
5. The Skeletal System
6. The Muscular System
8. Heart and Blood Vessels
9. The Immune System and Mechanisms of Defense
10. The Respiratory System. Exchange of Gases
11. The Nervous System. Integration and Control
12. Sensory Mechanisms
13. The Endocrine System
14. The Digestive System and Nutrition
15. The Urinary System
16. Reproductive Systems
17. Cell Reproduction and Differentiation
18. Cancer. Uncontrolled Cell Division and Differentiation
19. Genetics and Inheritance
20. DNA Technology and Genetic Engineering
21. Development, Maturation, Aging, and Death
22. Evolution and the Origins of Life
23. Ecosystems and Populations
24. Human Impacts, Biodiversity, and Environmental Issues
Answers to Figure Check, Quick Check, and Test Yourself Questions A-1