Solution Manual For Human Resource Management , 16th Edition By Dessler
Solution Manual For Human Resource Management , 16th Edition By Gary Dessler,ISBN-13: 9780135174548
For courses in management.
This ISBN is for the MyLab access card. Pearson eText is included.
Modern human resources: technology, social media, and management
Human Resource Management provides students with an introduction to the daily tools and skills they’ll need to function as successful managers — in both human resources and business in general. With a practical approach, the text explores the evolution of the field, highlighting the introduction of revolutionary new technologies and social media platforms. The 16th Edition focuses on the positive impacts technology has had on the HR field. For example, the ability to vet potential employees on the internet has shifted more HR responsibilities to managers, leaving HR departments with more time to carry out strategic, long-term endeavors for boosting employee performance and engagement. With a heavy focus on emerging industry trends, the text prepares students with everything they need to be successful managers and HR personnel in the 21st century.
Reach every student with MyLab Management
MyLab™ is the teaching and learning platform that empowers you to reach every student. By combining trusted author content with digital tools and a flexible platform, MyLab personalizes the learning experience and improves results for each student. Learn more about MyLab Management.
Plus, give students anytime, anywhere access with Pearson eText
Pearson eText is a simple-to-use, mobile-optimized, personalized reading experience available within MyLab. It lets students highlight, take notes, and review key vocabulary all in one place — even when offline. Seamlessly integrated videos and other rich media engage students and give them access to the help they need, when they need it. Educators can easily share their own notes with students so they see the connection between their eText and what they learn in class.
Table of Contents
PART ONE: INTRODUCTION
1. Introduction to Human Resource Management
2. Equal Opportunity and the Law
3. Human Resource Management Strategy and Performance
PART TWO: RECRUITMENT, PLACEMENT, AND TALENT MANAGEMENT
4. Job Analysis and the Talent Management Process
5. Personnel Planning and Recruiting
6. Employee Testing and Selection
7. Interviewing Candidates
PART THREE: TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
8. Training and Developing Employees
9. Performance Management and Appraisal
10. Managing Careers and Retention
PART FOUR: COMPENSATION
11. Establishing Strategic Pay Plans
12. Pay for Performance and Financial Incentives
13. Benefits and Services
PART FIVE: ENRICHMENT TOPICS IN HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
14. Building Positive Employee Relations
15. Labor Relations and Collective Bargaining
16. Safety, Health, and Risk Management
17. Managing Global Human Resources
18. Managing Human Resources in Small and Entrepreneurial Firms
Appendix A: HRCI PHR® and SPHR® Certification Body of Knowledge
Appendix B: About the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Body of Competency and Knowledge™ Model and Certification Exams
Appendix C: Comprehensive Cases