Test Bank For Microbiology with Diseases by Body System, 5th Edition By W. Bauman
Test Bank For Microbiology with Diseases by Body System, 5th Edition By Robert W. Bauman,ISBN-13:9780134619002
For pre-nursing and allied health students (including mixed-majors courses).
This ISBN is for the Mastering access card. Pearson eText is included.
Invest in your future: microbiology matters
Dr. Robert Bauman’s Microbiology with Diseases by Body System, 5th Edition helps students visualize the invisible and practice critical thinking with real-world problems and clinical applications. The textbook includes QR codes for Dr. Bauman Video Tutors and Disease in Depth features that foster understanding and encourage students to explore microbiology. The continued focus on clinical situations prepares students for future opportunities in applied practice and healthcare careers. With the 5th Edition, new Solve the Problem features ask students to work through real-world microbiology problems and offer instructors active-learning worksheets for their course. This edition results from a collaborative effort of educators, students, editors, and top scientific illustrators to deliver a textbook that presents the latest scientific and educational research and data in microbiology.
Reach every student by pairing this text with Mastering Microbiology
Mastering™ is the teaching and learning platform that empowers you to reach every student. By combining trusted author content with digital tools developed to engage students and emulate the office-hour experience, Mastering personalizes learning and improves results for each student. An expanded, robust Mastering Microbiology program works with the text to provide an interactive and personalized learning experience that ensures students learn microbiology both in and out of the classroom. Learn more about Mastering Microbiology.
Plus, give students anytime, anywhere access with Pearson eText
Pearson eText is a simple-to-use, mobile-optimized, personalized reading experience available within Mastering. It lets students highlight, take notes, and review key vocabulary all in one place – even when offline. Seamlessly integrated videos and other rich media engage students and give them access to the help they need, when they need it. Educators can easily share their own notes with students so they see the connection between their eText and what they learn in class.
Table of Contents
- A Brief History of Microbiology
- The Chemistry of Microbiology
- Cell Structure and Function
- Microscopy, Staining, and Classification
- Microbial Metabolism
- Microbial Nutrition and Growth
- Microbial Genetics
- Recombinant DNA Technology
- Controlling Microbial Growth in the Environment
- Controlling Microbial Growth in the Body: Antimicrobial Drugs
- Characterizing and Classifying Prokaryotes
- Characterizing and Classifying Eukaryotes
- Characterizing and Classifying Viruses, Viroids, and Prions
- Infection, Infectious Diseases, and Epidemiology
- Innate Immunity
- Adaptive Immunity
- Immunization and Immune Testing
- Immune Disorders
- Microbial Diseases of the Skin and Wounds
- Microbial Diseases of the Nervous System and Eyes
- Microbial Cardiovascular and Systemic Diseases
- Microbial Diseases of the Respiratory System
- Microbial Diseases of the Digestive System
- Microbial Diseases of the Urinary and Reproductive Systems
- Applied and Industrial Microbiology