Test Bank for Web Development and Design Foundations with HTML5, 9th Edition, Terry Felke-Morris, ISBN-10: 0134801148, ISBN-13: 9780134801148
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to the Internet and World Wide Web
2. HTML Basics
3. Configuring Color and Text with CSS
4. Visual Elements and Graphics
5. Web Design
6. Page Layout
7. More on Links, Layout, and Mobile
10. Web Development
11. Web Multimedia and Interactivity
12. E-Commerce Overview
13. Web Promotion
1. Choose the organization listed below that takes a proactive role in developing recommendations and prototype technologies related to the Web.
a. Web Professional Standards Organization (WPO)
b. Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF)
c. Internet Corporation for Assigned Numbers and Names (ICANN)
d. World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
2. A network that is geographically dispersed and may use some form of public or commercial communications network is called a(n):
3. The first widely used graphical web browser was developed at:
4. A domain name is a unique text-based Internet address corresponding to a unique ____________.
a. IP address
b. domain name
d. user name
5. New Top Level Domains (TLDs) are coordinated by
b. no one, because anyone can add a TLD to the Domain Name System
6. A language using a text-based syntax intended to extend the power of HTML by separating data from presentation is called _______.
7. _________ combines the formatting strengths of HTML 4.0 and the data structure and extensibility strengths of XML.
8. A ____ is a type of _____.
a. URI, URL
b. URL, URI
c. HTML, web page
d. URL, HTML
9. The purpose of the ___________ protocol is to ensure the integrity of the communication.
10. The ____ protocol is a set of rules that controls how data is sent between computers on the Internet.
11. Select the item below that lists the top level domain name for the URL http://www.yahoo.com.
12. Select the main reason for the initial development of the World Wide Web from the list below:
a. To allow companies to advertise over the Internet.
b. To allow companies to conduct commerce over the Internet
c. To allow communication between researchers and links between research papers
d. none of the above
13. Select the true statement from the list below.
a. When a domain name ends in .com it indicates that it is a computer company.
b. A country code domain name can only be owned by someone who resides in that country.
c. Only non-profit organizations can purchase a .org domain name
d. None of the statements above are true
14. Select protocols that are used for e-mail processing.
a. ETP, FTP
b. SMTP, POP3
c. SMTP, POP3, IMAP
d. ETP, FTP, SMTP
15. ______ is a set of rules for exchanging files such as text, graphic images, sound, video, and other multimedia files on the Web.
16. The on-demand use of software and other computing resources hosted at a remote data center (including servers, storage, services, and applications) over the Internet.
b. Cloud Computing
17. A _________ can be configured to house a separate website located at the same domain.
18. A ____________ is a high-capacity communication link that carries data gathered from smaller links that interconnect with it.
19. A(n) _________ website provides accommodations that help individuals overcome barriers such as visual, auditory, physical, and neurological disabilities.
a. quick loading