Test Bank For Human Resource Management, 15th Edition By Dessler
Test Bank For Human Resource Management, 15th Edition By Gary Dessler,ISBN-13: 9780134237176
For courses in Management.
Modern Human Resources: Technology, Social Media, and Management
Human Resource Management provides students with the daily tools and skills they need to function as successful managers–in both human resources and business in general. With a practical approach, the text explores the evolution of the field, highlighting the introduction of revolutionary new technologies and social media platforms such as LinkedIn and cloud computing.
The Fifteenth Edition focuses on the positive impacts technology has had on the HR field. The ability to vet potential employees on the Internet shifts more HR responsibilities to managers, leaving HR departments with more time to carry out strategic, long-term endeavors for boosting employee performance and engagement. With a heavy focus on emerging industry trends, the text prepares students with everything they need to be successful managers and HR personnel in the 21st century.
Also Available with MyManagementLab®
This title is also available with MyManagementLab — an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with this text to engage students and improve results. Within its structured environment, students practice what they learn, test their understanding, and pursue a personalized study plan that helps them better absorb course material and understand difficult concepts.
Students, if interested in purchasing this title with MyManagementLab, ask your instructor for the correct package ISBN and Course ID. Instructors, contact your Pearson representative for more information.
Table of Contents
Part One: Introduction
1. Introduction to Human Resource Management
2. Equal Opportunity and the Law
3. Human Resource Management Strategy and Analysis
Part Two: Recruitment, Placement, and Talent Management
4. Job Analysis and the Talent Management Process
5. Personnel Planning and Recruiting
6. Employee Testing and Selection
7. Interviewing Candidates
Part Three: Training and Development
8. Training and Developing Employees
9. Performance Management and Appraisal
10. Managing Careers and Retention
Part Four: Compensation
11. Establishing Strategic Pay Plans
12. Pay for Performance and Financial Incentives
13. Benefits and Services
Part Five: Enrichment Topics in Human Resource Management
14. Building Positive Employee Relations
15. Labor Relations and Collective Bargaining
16. Safety, Health, and Risk Management
17. Managing Global Human Resources
18. Managing Human Resources in Small and Entrepreneurial Firms
Appendix A: HRCI PHR® and SPHR® Certification Body of Knowledge
Appendix B: About the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Body of Competency and KnowledgeTM Model and Certification Exams
Appendix C: Comprehensive Cases