Test Bank For Microbiology: An Introduction, 13th Edition By J. Tortora
Test Bank For Microbiology: An Introduction, 13th Edition By Gerard J. Tortora,Berdell R. Funke,Christine L. Case,Derek Weber,Warner Bair, ISBN-13:9780134709307
For pre-nursing and allied health students (including mixed-majors courses).
This ISBN is for the Mastering Microbiology access card. Pearson eText is included.
Cutting edge microbiology research for today’s learners
Tortora, Funke, and Case’s Microbiology, An Introduction brings a 21st-century lens to the #1 best-selling text on the market. Known for its exceptionally clear presentation of complex topics, this trusted text provides a careful balance of concepts and applications, pedagogically superior art, and robust animations and media via Mastering™ Microbiology.
With the 13th Edition, new Exploring the Microbiome boxes present updated research on the microbiome and how microbes influence human health. Four new Big Picture spreads cover vaccine-preventable diseases, the “hygiene hypothesis,” vertical transmission, and bioterrorism.
Online videos, tutorials, and animations in Mastering Microbiology coach students through tough concepts. New highlights include In the Clinic Video Tutors that illustrate how microbiology concepts are relevant to clinical scenarios; Interactive Microbiology tutorials that help students understand key microbiology concepts; and Ready-to-Go Teaching Modules that guide instructors through the most effective teaching tools available.
Reach every student by pairing this text with Mastering Microbiology
Mastering™ is the teaching and learning platform that empowers you to reach every student. By combining trusted author content with digital tools developed to engage students and emulate the office-hour experience, Mastering personalizes learning and improves results for each student. An expanded, robust Mastering Microbiology program works with the text to provide an interactive and personalized learning experience that ensures students learn microbiology both in and out of the classroom. Learn more about Mastering Microbiology.
Plus, give students anytime, anywhere access with Pearson eText
Pearson eText is a simple-to-use, mobile-optimized, personalized reading experience available within Mastering. It lets students highlight, take notes, and review key vocabulary all in one place – even when offline. Seamlessly integrated videos and other rich media engage students and give them access to the help they need, when they need it. Educators can easily share their own notes with students so they see the connection between their eText and what they learn in class.
Table of Contents
Part One: Fundamentals of Microbiology
1. The Microbial World and You
2. Chemical Principles
3. Observing Microorganisms through a Microscope
4. Functional Anatomy of Prokaryotic and Eukaryotic Cells
5. Microbial Metabolism
6. Microbial Growth
7. The Control of Microbial Growth
8. Microbial Genetics
9. Biotechnology and DNA Technology
Part Two: A Survey of the Microbial World
10. Classification of Microorganisms
11. The Prokaryotes: Domains Bacteria and Archaea
12. The Eukaryotes: Fungi, Algae, Protozoa, and Helminths
13. Viruses, Viroids, and Prions
Part Three: Interaction between Microbe and Host
14. Principles of Disease and Epidemiology
15. Microbial Mechanisms of Pathogenicity
16. Innate Immunity: Nonspecific Defenses of the Host
17. Adaptive Immunity: Specific Defenses of the Host
18. Practical Applications of Immunology
19. Disorders Associated with the Immune System
20. Antimicrobial Drugs
Part Four Microorganisms and Human Disease
21. Microbial Diseases of the Skin and Eyes
22. Microbial Diseases of the Nervous System
23. Microbial Diseases of the Cardiovascular and Lymphatic Systems
24. Microbial Diseases of the Respiratory System
25. Microbial Diseases of the Digestive System
26. Microbial Disease of the Urinary and Reproductive Systems
Part Five: Environmental and Applied Microbiology
27. Environmental Microbiology
28. Applied and Industrial Microbiology