Test Bank For Microbiology with Diseases by Taxonomy, 6th Edition By W. Bauman
Test Bank For Microbiology with Diseases by Taxonomy, 6th Edition By Robert W. Bauman,ISBN-13: 9780135204009
For courses in introductory microbiology.
This package includes Mastering Microbiology.
Explore the invisible world of microbiology and why it matters to human life
Known for its unique art program and conversational writing style, Robert Bauman’s Microbiology with Diseases by Taxonomy consistently emphasizes why microbiology matters, especially in health care. The taxonomic organization of the disease chapters (Chapters 19–27) presents microbial diseases by type of pathogenic microbe, helping students recognize shared characteristics among categories of microbes.
The 6th Edition presents a revitalized and strengthened pedagogical framework based on how students learn best. Checkpoints appear throughout the text and direct students to interactive versions of text features in Mastering Microbiology. The interactive features provide just-in-time remediation that helps fill skill gaps and give students immediate feedback on their progress with the material. New interactive concept maps provide opportunities for students to make connections between concepts and can also be assigned in Mastering Microbiology. To emphasize how our understanding of microbiology is constantly expanding, the new edition integrates cutting-edge microbiology research that is critical for today’s students. New Research on Microbial Metabolism is introduced in Chapter 5 as well as recent findings on recombinant DNA technology and CRISPR technique are found in Chapter 8.
Reach every student by pairing this text with Mastering Microbiology
Mastering™ is the teaching and learning platform that empowers you to reach every student. By combining trusted author content with digital tools developed to engage students and emulate the office-hour experience, Mastering personalizes learning and improves results for each student. Mastering Microbiology provides tutorials, animations and career relevant applications that enable students to see the invisible world of microbiology, to master key microbiology concepts, and to apply those concepts to human life. Learn more about Mastering Microbiology.
Plus, give students anytime, anywhere access with Pearson eText
Pearson eText is a simple-to-use, mobile-optimized, personalized reading experience available within Mastering Microbiology. It lets students highlight, take notes, and review key vocabulary all in one place – even when offline. Seamlessly integrated videos and other rich media engage students and give them access to the help they need, when they need it. Educators can easily customize the table of contents and share their own notes with students so they see the connection between their eText and what they learn in class.
Table of Contents
- A Brief History of Microbiology
- The Chemistry of Microbiology
- Cell Structure and Function
- Microscopy, Staining, and Classification
- Microbial Metabolism
- Microbial Nutrition and Growth
- Microbial Genetics
- Recombinant DNA Technology
- Controlling Microbial Growth in the Environment
- Controlling Microbial Growth in the Body: Antimicrobial Drugs
- Characterizing and Classifying Prokaryotes
- Characterizing and Classifying Eukaryotes
- Characterizing and Classifying Viruses, Viroids, and Prions
- Infection, Infectious Diseases, and Epidemiology
- Innate Immunity
- 16. Specific Defense: Adaptive Immunity
- Immunization and Immune Testing
- 18. Hypersensitivities, Autoimmune Diseases, and Immune Deficiencies
- Pathogenic Gram-Positive Bacteria
- Pathogenic Gram-Negative Cocci and Bacilli
- Rickettsias, Chlamydias, Spirochetes, and Vibrios
- Pathogenic Fungi
- Parasitic Protozoa, Helminths, and Arthropod Vectors
- Pathogenic DNA Viruses
- Pathogenic RNA Viruses
- Applied and Industrial Microbiology
- Microbial Ecology and Microbiomes