Test Bank For Nutrition: An Applied Approach, 5th Edition By J. Thompson
Test Bank For Nutrition: An Applied Approach, 5th Edition By Janice J. Thompson,Melinda Manore, ISBN-13:9780134608792
For courses in Nutrition for non-majors.
Nutrition concepts applied to our daily lives
Nutrition: An Applied Approach introduces non-majors to nutrition with an innovative format that promotes long-term learning without rote memorization. Key focus areas include: functions of vitamins and minerals in the body, fluid and electrolyte balance, antioxidant function, bone health, energy metabolism, and blood health. The 5th Edition shows how nutrition concepts apply to our daily lives with new chapters on food equity, sustainability, and obesity. A new suite of ABC News Videos and Focus Figures explore nutrition, human disease, and nutrients found in food. To engage students and help them learn, understand, and retain even the most difficult concepts, each chapter now includes Learning Outcomes and a new study plan that connects to Mastering™ Nutrition reading quizzes and exercises.
Also available with Mastering Nutrition
Mastering™ Nutrition is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with this text to engage students and improve results. Interactive, self-paced tutorials provide individualized coaching to help students stay on track. With a wide range of activities available, students can actively learn, understand, and retain even the most difficult concepts.
Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; Mastering Nutrition does not come packaged with this content. Students, if interested in purchasing this title with Mastering Nutrition, ask your instructor for the correct package ISBN and Course ID. Instructors, contact your Pearson representative for more information.
Table of Contents
1. Nutrition: Linking Food and Health
In Depth: New Frontiers in Nutrition and Health
2. Designing a Healthful Diet
In Depth: Healthful Dietary Patterns
3. The Human Body: Are We Really What We Eat?
In Depth: Disorders Related to Specific Foods
4. Carbohydrates: Plant-Derived Energy Nutrients
In Depth: Diabetes
5. Fats: Essential Energy-Supplying Nutrients
In Depth: Cardiovascular Disease
6. Proteins: Crucial Components of all Body Tissues
In Depth: Vitamins and Minerals: Micronutrients with Macro Powers
7. Nutrients Involved in Fluid and Electrolyte Balance
In Depth: Alcohol
8. Nutrients Essential to Key Body Functions
In Depth: Cancer
9. Nutrients Essential to Healthy Tissues
In Depth: Osteoporosis
10. Achieving and Maintaining a Healthful Body Weight
In Depth: Obesity
11. Nutrition and Physical Activity: Keys to Good Health
In Depth: Disorders Related to Body Image, Eating, and Exercise
12. Food Safety and Technology: Impact on Consumers
In Depth: The Safety and Effectiveness of Dietary Supplements
13. Food Security, Equity, and Sustainability: The Challenge of “Good” Food
In Depth: Malnutrition
14. Nutrition Through the Life Cycle: Pregnancy and the First Year of Life
In Depth: The Fetal Environment: A Lasting Impression
15. Nutrition Through the Life Cycle: Childhood to Late Adulthood
In Depth: Searching for the Fountain of Youth