Test Bank For Physical Chemistry: Quantum Chemistry and Spectroscopy, 4th Edition By Engel
Test Bank For Physical Chemistry: Quantum Chemistry and Spectroscopy, 4th Edition By Thomas Engel, Philip Reid, ISBN-13:9780134814704
For courses in Quantum Chemistry.
This package includes Mastering Chemistry.
A visual, conceptual and contemporary approach to Physical Chemistry
Engel and Reid’s Quantum Chemistry & Spectroscopy provides a contemporary, conceptual, and visual introduction to physical chemistry. The authors emphasize the vibrancy of physical chemistry today and illustrate its relevance to the world around us, using modern applications drawn from biology, environmental science, and material science. The 4th Edition provides visual summaries of important concepts and connections in each chapter, offers students “just-in-time” math help, and expands content to cover science relevant to physical chemistry. Tutorials in Mastering™ Chemistry reinforce students’ understanding of complex theory in Quantum Chemistry and Thermodynamics as they build problem-solving skills throughout the course.
Reach every student by pairing this text with Mastering Chemistry
Mastering™ is the teaching and learning platform that empowers you to reach every student. By combining trusted author content with digital tools developed to engage students and emulate the office-hour experience, Mastering personalizes learning and often improves results for each student. Instructors ensure students arrive ready to learn by assigning educationally effective content before class, and encourage critical thinking and retention with in-class resources such as Learning Catalytics. Learn more about Mastering Chemistry.
Table of Contents
- From Classical to Quantum Mechanics
- The Schrödinger Equation
- The Quantum-Mechanical Postulates
- Applying Quantum-Mechanical Principles to Simple Systems
- Applying the Particle in the Box Model to Real-World Topics
- Commuting and Noncommuting Operators and the Surprising Consequences of Entanglement
- A Quantum-Mechanical Model for the Vibration and Rotation of Molecules
- Vibrational and Rotational Spectroscopy of Diatomic Molecules
- The Hydrogen Atom
- Many-Electron Atoms
- Quantum States for Many-Electron Atoms and Atomic Spectroscopy
- The Chemical Bond in Diatomic Molecules
- Molecular Structure and Energy Levels for Polyatomic Molecules
- Electronic Spectroscopy
- Computational Chemistry
- Molecular Symmetry and an Introduction to Group Theory
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy
APPENDIX A Point Group Character Tables