Test Bank For Physical Chemistry: Thermodynamics, Statistical Thermodynamics, and Kinetics, 4th Edition By Engel
Test Bank For Physical Chemistry: Thermodynamics, Statistical Thermodynamics, and Kinetics, 4th Edition By Thomas Engel, Philip Reid,ISBN-13:9780134814704
For courses in Thermodynamics.
This package includes Mastering Chemistry.
A visual, conceptual and contemporary approach to Physical Chemistry
Engel and Reid’s Thermodynamics, Statistical Thermodynamics, and Kinetics provides a contemporary, conceptual, and visual introduction to physical chemistry. The authors emphasize the vibrancy of physical chemistry today and illustrate its relevance to the world around us, using modern applications drawn from biology, environmental science, and material science. The 4th Edition provides visual summaries of important concepts and connections in each chapter, offers students “just-in-time” math help, and expands content to cover science relevant to physical chemistry. Tutorials in Mastering™ Chemistry reinforce students’ understanding of complex theory in Quantum Chemistry and Thermodynamics as they build problem-solving skills throughout the course.
Reach every student by pairing this text with Mastering Chemistry
Mastering™ is the teaching and learning platform that empowers you to reach every student. By combining trusted author content with digital tools developed to engage students and emulate the office-hour experience, Mastering personalizes learning and often improves results for each student. Instructors ensure students arrive ready to learn by assigning educationally effective content before class, and encourage critical thinking and retention with in-class resources such as Learning Catalytics. Learn more about Mastering Chemistry.
Table of Contents
- Fundamental Concepts of Thermodynamics
- Heat, Work, Internal Energy, Enthalpy, and the First Law of Thermodynamics
- The Importance of State Functions: Internal Energy and Enthalpy
- Entropy and the Second and Third Law of Thermodynamics
- Chemical Equilibrium
- The Properties of Real Gases
- Phase Diagrams and the Relative Stability of Solids, Liquids, and Gases
- Ideal and Real Solutions
- Electrolyte Solutions
- Electrochemical Cells, Batteries, and Fuel Cells
- The Boltzmann Distribution
- Ensemble and Molecular Partition Functions
- Statistical Thermodynamics
- Kinetic Theory of Gases
- Transport Phenomena
- Elementary Chemical Kinetics
- Complex Reaction Mechanisms
APPENDIX A Data Tables